Workplace giving is a coordinated, regular giving program for employees, their organisations and not-for-profits. Employees contribute a small amount from their regular, pre-tax salary to their favoured not for profit and in many cases, employers will match their employees donations.
There are benefits to employees, employers and organisations to structure giving in this way. Workplace giving through The Salvation Army gives you the opportunity to change people's lives - helping them to find from the things that stop them from living life to the full.
Benefit to employees
- You receive an immediate tax benefit. There is no need to collect receipts or claim your deductions at the end of the year
- 100% of your donation is sent directly to the charity
- Giving this way automatically keeps The Salvation Army's costs down, so that more of your gift can go directly to supporting people finding freedom.
- Long-term giving also makes it easier for us to plan, so we can achieve more with your hard-earned dollars
- Your donation is pre-tax, so it will actually cost you less than the amount we receive from your payroll office
Benefit to employers
- Employers and employees are seen as collaborators, being socially conscious and community-minded
- Engaged employees are enthusiastic and innovative. They produce quality outcomes and engender trust amongst stakeholders
- Aids in the retention and recruitment of staff. Employees are more likely to stay longer in companies with active community involvement
- A low cost and easy way to create and maintain community-business partnerships aligned with company values
For more information or to sign up to workplace giving, contact us through the form below.