Make your own Cellophane bags
Cellophane bags, as opposed to sheets of cellophane, make wrapping homemade baked goods a breeze and are available in a variety of sizes.
- Place baked goods into the cellophane bag. For a great treat, try the Shortbread Stars
- Gather the top edges of the bag and seal tightly, close to the gift, using a single piece of ribbon (rubber bands or sticky tape would also work). This will allow you to decorate your bag without having to hold the cellophane in place.
- Decorate the top of the bag using curling ribbon (using one edge of a pair of scissors to create beautiful curls), store-bought ribbon bows or a tie a simple bow with a piece of twine. You may also wish to fasten a Christmas decoration, cookie cutter or gift tag to the outside of the bag.
- Simply trim the top of the bag if there is too much cellophane.
- Consider placing baked goods on a plate before inserting into the bag.
- Create a gift hamper in a basket with a variety of individually wrapped items in cellophane bags, and then use a large bag around the entire hamper.
- Depending on the size you require, oven bags can be a more cost-effective solution than cellophane bags.
Photo credit: Jordan Watson