Our Recovery Services are committed to bringing hope, freedom and wholeness to all people adversely affected by alcohol, other drugs and gambling.
They provide a safe, high-quality and evidence-based environment that enables people to pursue holistic transformation for themselves and to improve the outcomes for their families and communities. Our vision is to see transformed people inspiring transformation!
The Salvation Army Recovery Services believe that:
- Every person matters and will be treated with dignity and respect
- People have the right to make informed choices, experience personal growth, access greater freedom, and have an opportunity for a transformed outlook in life
- Freedom from all addictive substances and behaviours is the key to the ongoing development of a positive life
- A holistic approach to recovery involves healthy partnerships and relationships.
- The recovery journey is personal and each person must travel at their own pace
- The role of Recovery Services is to support the person’s own journey toward transformation
Our recovery services deliver transformed lives and we've won a few awards along the way.
|2009||Australian Therapeutic Communities Association (ATCA) Significant Contribution to the Therapeutic Community Movement in Australasia|
|2010||University of Wollongong Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in Research Partnership|
|2012||Finalist - National Drug and Alcohol Award - Excellence in Research (in partnership with Wollongong University)|
|2013||ATCA Significant Contribution to the Therapeutic Community Movement in Australasia by a Program, Service or Intervention|
|ATCA Significant Contribution to Therapeutic Communities Movement in Australasia|
|National Drug and Alcohol Award - Excellence in Treatment and Support|
ATCA Excellence in Research and Evaluation: Therapeutic Community Research Award